Truthout has a nice summary of important Supreme Court rulings that were largely ignored by the press. I will summarize that summary and provide the link below.
1. Monsanto won its case claiming it can patent a seed.
2. The court ruled there is no right to an attorney during federal appeals, nor a necessity to be mentally competent
3. Minor drug usage is not grounds for deportation for non-citizens.
4. The court ruled that the Civil Rights Act of 1991 did not cover employer retaliation.
5. Employers cannot be sued for sexual harassment unless they have the power to hire and fire.
One Supreme court ruling not mentioned: Foreign nationals are not recognized as having standing if U.S. corporations have violated the civil rights of other citizens including torture, etc. Mer
Thanks Meredith. I also left out DOMA and the Voting Rights Act because they received some coverage, but you mention another important verdict left out of most coverage.