This is an oldie but goodie by theologian Brian McLaren:
Ten reasons beer is better than religion:
1. No one will kill you for not drinking beer.
2. Beer doesn’t tell you how to have sex.
3. Beer has never caused a major war.
4. They don’t force beer on minors who can’t think for
5. When you have a beer, you don’t knock on people’s doors
trying to give it away.
6. Nobody has ever been burned at the stake, hanged, or
tortured for his or her brand of beer.
7. You don’t have to wait 200 years for another beer.
8. There are laws saying beer labels can’t lie to you.
9. You can prove you have a beer.
10. If you devoted you life to beer, there would be groups to help
- These Ten Reasons are from a speech by Marcus Borg who attributed these to Brian Mclaren.